Government Contracting-Small Business
Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) assist small businesses in finding contracting opportunities at the Federal, state and local levels
PTAC's help clients prepare bids, navigate requirements and assist clients after winning contracts at no cost to the business (Cincinnati area PTAC). This is a nationwide program and Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana have Procurement Specialists at PTAC offices to assist you.
PTAC's can guide small businesses through certification and registration as necessary for the agency that could buy what you have to offer.
PTAC's can determine if your business is ready for government contracting and guide you how to become ready to pursue government contracts.
WHY pursue a Government Contract?
- To add a new revenue source
- To expand into new markets
- To diversify
- Pursuing government contracts is challenging. PTAC's make the process easier by providing advice, training and support
WHO buys my products and services?
- Match what you do to the needs of particular government agencies.
- There is no "one certification or one registration or one contracting facility" that covers everything.
- Check with the organization you want to work with to see what they require and what, if any, advantages you would enjoy if you qualify.
- Prime Contractors can possibly use your company as a subcontractor. This can be a good way to get started.
FEDERAL Small Business Goals (states and local have their own goals)
- Small Business 23% of contracts (Prime contracting and Subcontracting)
- HubZone 3%
- Women-Owned Business 5%
- Small Disadvantaged (economically and socially) 5%
- Service Disabled Veteran 3%
PTAC.OHIO.EDU (for all PTAC Offices in Ohio)
Cincinnati area PTAC; Hayward Chappell; 513-351-0851; email@example.com (located in Norwood)
KYPTAC.com (PTAC in Kentucky)
in.gov/indiana-ptac/ (PTAC in Indiana)
Minority Business Assistance Centers (MBAC), Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Area 513-751-9900;
cincinnati-oh.gov Link bottom of page "small business"
Ohio-Minority Business Enterprise Program / Encouraging Diversity, Growth and Equity Program
das.ohio.gov Hot link bottom of page "MBE/EDGE Certification"
SBA.gov, link top of page "contracting"
The information contained in these briefs is for general information only. While we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services, or related graphics contained in the briefs Through these briefs you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of SCORE therefore the inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Any reference from SCORE to a specific commercial product, process or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement by SCORE, SBA, SCORE Chapter 34, SCORE Chapter 107, or the United States Government of the product, process, or service or its producer or provider.